Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting iOS5 from Windows PC

I had seen a lot of complaints ever since iOS5 becomes available. I had finally got around to update my iTunes and when I am almost done, there came an error message saying "There is a problem with this windows installer package.  A program required for this install to complete could not be run,  Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I was like, what??!!

Apparently I am not alone and after seeking for help from others, including forum users etc, I had now installed the new iTunes successfully.

Here's how I did it:

Backup whatever you think is important to you on your iTunes library, apps purchase etc.

Go to Control Panel and repair the following programs:

1. iTunes
2. QuickTime
3. Apple Software Update
4. Apple Mobile Device Support
5. Bonjour
6. Apple Application Support

Once you have repaired them, uninstall all the programs.

Once everything is uninstalled, download iTunes again and reinstall it. You should have a brand new and well working iTunes available now.

Let me explore with the latest iOS and keep you updated with more findings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment